Thursday, May 18, 2017

Coast Bar + Kitchen - Reestaurant Review


We tried Coast's Happy Hour this evening. There are a handful of interesting items on their HH menu - $5 Green Ceviche (usually $10) and $10 Taco Plates (usually $14). I ordered two items - the Green Ceviche and the Shrimp Taco Plate. My friend ordered a Chicken-Fried Softshell Crab Taco Plate ($15 - special) and the Churros ($9) and we shared everything.


The Green Ceviche was great! It was made of fresh tuna with avocado and flour tortilla chips.


The Shrimp Tacos were just okay, nothing special. The shrimp was overcooked. The slaw (same on both dishes) was good without too much mayonnaise.

The Softshell Crab Tacos were fine until I bit into what felt like tiny rocks, and tasted something akin to guts rather than crab meat. I wouldn't order these again. I was actually worried about my new filling getting damaged!

The Churros were also fantastic - they were soft and warm and melted in my mouth!

I'm eager to return to Coast to try a few other items! Their lunch Poke Bowl sounds delish!


No comments: