Thursday, October 13, 2016

Château Lamothe-Bergeron Cru Bourgeois Haut-Médoc 2010, Bordeaux, France - $20


Sassy Wine Belly - Château Lamothe-Bergeron Cru Bourgeois Haut-Médoc 2010     Sassy Wine Belly - Château Lamothe-Bergeron Cru Bourgeois Haut-Médoc 2010

Château Lamothe-Bergeron Cru Bourgeois Haut-Médoc 2010 is one of those 2010 Bordeaux wines that I've been purchasing because it's said that the 2010 Bordeaux vintage was one of the best in history. Assuming this is true, I would also assume that the less expensive Bordeaux wines of the same vintage would also be better than average.

This is a nice wine. It's much lighter than I expected, and the finish is slightly acidic with strong tannins. Interesting. It's not as smooth as I would prefer. If I want an acidic wine, I'll go with a more food-friendly Pinot Noir or Burgundy. On the nose, it's sharp - can't tell if it's the acidity or the blowback. However, at 13.5% alcohol, I wouldn't expect much blowback.

Otherwise, a little bit of tobacco and leather make this a fairly masculine wine. Hubby likes it, too. I purchased it at Costoc for $20 a bottle.


No comments: