Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Mr. Natural - Restaurant Review


Mr. Natural has been an Austin staple for at least 20 years! I remember visiting this wonderful vegetarian restaurant with my first yoga teacher in the mid-90s.

It looks exactly the same today! I'm actually not sure if that's good or bad. The restaurant always could have used a little updating, but it's always been clean and the food has always been delicious.

Sassy Wine Belly - Mr. Natural Burger with Fries

For lunch, I ordered a Mr. Natural Burger with fries for $7. The burger was tasty, but on the dry side. My friend ordered the Burger Boss ($8.50), which included onions, mushrooms, and avocado - I'm sure it was a bit moister than my burger. I'll definitely be back to try other items on the menu!


I also ordered a cream horn for dessert because it looked just as delicious as the ones I used to have here 20 years ago. I had to get one for old time's sake. They are vegan, so no problems with dairy! We were so full from our burgers, though, that I had to take this home (after we each had a tiny bite for dessert, as you can see). I just had it for dessert after dinner at home, and it was absolutely perfect and delicious with a rich, creamy (how is this possibly vegan?!) filling!


No comments: