Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Frog's Leap Winery - Rutherford, CA


Frog's Leap is one of the most beautiful settings for a winery. The wine is wonderful, too!

     
The house is gorgeous and decorated so elegantly with clean lines and warm finishings.

The grounds are absolutely stunning with vines, flowers, and herbs, and very family-friendly with chickens and roosters to observe.

Our table was delightfully set for the wine tasting ($25 per person). The cheese, crackers, jam, and nuts were the perfect bites to compliment the wines.
  • Napa Valley Chardonnay 2014 ($32 a bottle) - aged in stainless, crisp, fruity, nice minerality
  • Napa Valley Zinfandel 2014 ($32 a bottle) - jammy, a little dry, not too sweet, soft tannins
  • Rutherford Merlot 2013 ($40 a bottle) - aged in French and American oak; herbal, vegetal, dry, chocolate finish, soft tannins
  • Estate Grown Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, Rutherford ($55 a bottle) - earthy, black fruit, strong tannins
All of the wines were tasty and I would have purchased a bottle of each! Evan, our wine educator, offered us an additional taste and of course I tried the La Grenouille Rouganté Rosé 2015 ($20 a bottle). I loved it so much I brought a bottle home with me!

Evan was also quite talented at stacking glasses. I need to learn this skill - I think he carries eight at a time - amazing!


No comments: