Sunday, August 21, 2016

Boiler Nine - Restaurant Review


I was extremely excited about the original concept for Boiler Nine (4 levels, with different types of menus on each level), but when we entered the restaurant it was much smaller than I expected. I only went to the main floor and basement (both were cozy). There is also a rooftop deck, which we didn't see. Each has a different menu. We ate on the main level.


We started with the Muhammara (candied walnuts, cumin, coriander, yogurt, sesame crackers - $10). It was very delicious. I miss the Muhammara at Fino, and am glad that another restaurant in town offers it (even though it's slightly different).


We also enjoyed the Sausage Platter (Andouille, Smoked Beef, Fennel-Ginger, Pickles, Mustard, and Toast - $23).

I also ordered the La Vida Al Camp Cava Penedes, Spain NV ($10 a glass), and it was lovely and very good with the food.

Boiler Nine is a little pricey, but the dishes are interesting and I'd like to try more of them. The only down-side to our visit was that they were cleaning the kitchen with bleach and we could smell it from our table. Other than that, everything was great.


No comments: