Friday, July 15, 2016

Truluck's - Restaurant Review



On top of having wonderful food, Truluck's in Downtown Austin has the most amazing customer service I've experienced recently at a restaurant. Everyone, from the managers to the hosts to the wait staff is on the same page. This makes dining at the restaurant a total dream!

After being greeted by name and shown promptly and politely to our table, an assistant manager placed his card on our table so that we could contact him if we needed anything, another manager drew the curtains for just the few minutes that the sunset reflected in the large windows across the street and then opened the drapes back up to reveal the gorgeous downtown view, our water glasses were never empty, and our finished plates never stayed on our table for more than a few moments.


I started with salad. I can't pass up a traditional Caesar. Truluck's has one of the best I've ever had - a crisp and classic rendition down to the anchovies on top. It was fresh and flavorful, and I can't wait to have it again!

I had a glass of JCB No.69 Rosé NV from Burgundy, France ($12.50). It was light, dry, and lovely! My main dish was the Stuffed Lobster Tail (topped with a jumbo lump Blue crab cake and served
with parmesan mashed potatoes and lemon-garlic butter - $42), and it was absolutely rich and amazing - exactly what I expected and bursting with juiciness and flavor!

To top it off, they brought a bowl of fruit to the table for our dessert because of my lactose-intolerance. So thoughtful!

Update: The next morning, one of the managers called to make sure that we had a great experience at the restaurant. Wow - that's customer service!

Truluck's is my new favorite fine dining restaurant. Looking forward to my next visit!

No comments: