Saturday, June 18, 2016

True Food Kitchen, Tuna Salad - Restaurant Review 6/18


Another visit to TFK, this time to celebrate a friend's retirement after 30 years at the same company!

We ordered a bunch of appetizers to share that I've blogged about previously (Roasted Carrots, Kale Guac, and Edamame Dumplings). Of course I indulged in my favorite sparkling rosé.


For my meal I ordered the Seared Albacore Tuna Salad (with avocado, grapefruit, cabbage, watermelon radish, thai basil, toasted sesame, chili garlic dressing - $18). I enjoyed it a lot, although a couple of the slices of tuna tasted slightly on the fishy side. Overall, though, the salad was excellent with just the right balance of all of the ingredients and a light dressing distributed evenly throughout. I really enjoyed it, and will probably order it again in the future!

The server brought out a Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp (with almond crumble, vanilla ice cream - $7) on the house to celebrate the retirement. It was just enough for us to share as we were all pretty full from the apps and our meals. This was a very nice touch by the restaurant, and one that was appreciated by all six of us.

For 3 glasses of wine, 6 cocktails, 3 beers, 3 appetizers, and 6 main dishes, the bill came out to around $260 before tip. Go try this restaurant if you haven't already! I am eating my way through the menu!


No comments: