Tuesday, June 21, 2016

True Food Kitchen, Ancient Grains Bowl with Tofu - Restaurant Review



Met my friends KP and MS for lunch at True Food Kitchen today. Felt like eating vegetarian, so I ordered the Ancient Grains Bowl with Tofu (and miso-glazed sweet potato, turmeric, charred onion, snow pea, grilled portobello, avocado, hemp seed - $15). The hemp seeds look like quinoa are under the avocado in this photo, and the green pesto-looking sauce in the top right corner was actually made of cilantro, not basil.

I mixed all of the ingredients together before digging in. It was so fantastic! The sweet potato glaze was slightly sweet and had the consistency of honey. The tofu was firm and perfectly cooked. The serving was large that I saved half to share with the hubby. Unfortunately, I accidentally forgot my leftovers at the restaurant.

Next to the Shitake Mushroom Lettuce Cups and Red Chili Noodle Bowl, this has been my favorite dish so far at TFK!


No comments: