Thursday, June 9, 2016

The Steeping Room - Restaurant Review



This was my first time to The Steeping Room on North Lamar. It was busy but not packed. We were seated in a booth near the host's table in the middle of the restaurant. The only drawback to sitting facing the back window was that during sunset for about 15 minutes, the sunlight beamed directly into my eyes. I had to shift every few minutes in the booth in order to avoid it. Otherwise, the service was fine and the tea and food were wonderful.

I ordered a pot of Golden Pear Rooibos and Honeybush Tea - it was enough for around 4 medium-sized tea cups and was absolutely delicious! It is also caffeine-free - perfect for evening.

Since we were having a meeting, I also thought it would be nice to have some munchies. I ordered the Mediterranean Plate (dolmas, olives, seasonal hummus, feta and flatbread - $10.50). Everything was fresh and tasty. The hummus was extremely yummy - a little more garlicky than typical, which I really like. The warm pita triangles were slightly crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. We could have used a couple of more pieces to finish the hummus and feta. The dolmas were on the firm side and a little bland, but very fresh. The olives were salty and lent a nice contrast to the dolmas. We finished every bite on the platter!

I'd love to come back here again soon!


No comments: