Wednesday, May 4, 2016

True Food Kitchen - Restaurant Review (yes, I know it's the 3rd review)


Yes, I know this isn't my first review of True Food Kitchen. Would it surprise you to know that I'm here at least once a week? Love this place!


I brought CC here for his birthday. It was great! For drinks, CC ordered the Pomegranate Limeade (lime evaporated cane, pom chia - $4), and I ordered the Sparkling Antioxidant Tea (green tea, pomegranate, lemon verbena, soda - $4). We also ordered the Lacinato Kale Guacamole ($9) as our starter. As yummy as I remember it to be, and a great way to get extra greens in without really noticing (although I love greens!). And again, I LOVE this crispy cracker thing that accompanies the guac - yum!


For our entrées, we split the Spaghetti Squash Casserole (spaghetti squash, organic tomato, caramelized onion, zucchini, fresh mozzarella, and chicken sausage - $17) and the Grass-Fed Burger done medium well and wrapped in lettuce instead of in a bun (mushroom, caramelized onion, mayonnaise, arugula, parmesan, umami, flax seed bun - $16). TFK were so sweet to half everything for us.

The casserole was awesome - I loved it! I'll have to make it at home sometime - super easy and healthy! The burger with kale salad and sweet potato hash was really good! CC didn't like it as much as I did. I thought it was cooked perfectly (pink, no blood), and I loved that they used delicate butter lettuce for the wrap. He thought it was just okay, not worth $16.

Another fantastic meal at TFK!


No comments: