Thursday, April 28, 2016

True Food Kitchen - Restaruant Review #2



I truly can't get enough of True Food Kitchen! Today I went with my lovely friend, SI, and her 1 year old daughter. I had made a reservation but it was for the wrong day. The hostess was kind enough to get us in as soon as possible, and the service continued to be excellent throughout our meal.

This is the kind of menu that I could eat anything from. Seriously. I told SI to choose anything she wanted because I would eat it all! I ended up suggesting the Shiitake Mushroom Lettuce Cups ($10) which I had the last time I ate here. We decided to split that dish and the Grilled Asparagus Salad ($13). SI also requested a little fruit cup ($4) for her daughter, and the restaurant prepared one with bananas and strawberries even though it wasn't listed on the menu - so nice.

The Shiitake Mushroom Cups included Shiitake mushrooms, Romaine lettuce, tofu, jicama, scallions, and cashews, all topped with sambal. They are so good, and it's amazing to think that they are vegan. We had to ask for more lettuce, which they brought promptly.

The Grilled Asparagus Salad included grilled asparagus, roasted cauliflower, wax beans, broccolini, mint, Manchego, and pistachio in a Sicilian vinaigrette. It was absolutely delicious.

Our bill came out to $31 before tip. The only thing I would have changed would be to order dishes that would enhance each other better. Having one Asian-flavored dish and one with Manchego in a Sicilian vinaigrette wasn't the best combination even both were absolutely yummy. They didn't clash - they just weren't complementary.


No comments: