Friday, April 29, 2016

Garbo's Lobster Truck - Restaurant Review, AND Chalk Hill Pinor Noir, Sonoma Coast, CA


We were at a friend's home tonight for a birthday party. The backyard is stunning! And I couldn't believe they got the Garbo's Lobster Truck up the narrow (1 car's width) driveway, but they did!

I can honestly say that I've never been to an East Coast Preppy themed party. It was really fun! I wore a white short-sleeve button down shirt and pink Bermuda shorts with pearl earrings and beige and white canvas ballet flats. I love being comfy!


The bartenders were serving just about anything you wanted to imbibe. Knowing that we'd be noshing on seafood, I opted for the Chalk Hill Pinot Noir, Sonoma Coast. It was light and perfect for the cuisine! I alternated wine with glasses of iced Topo Chico.


We started with the Lobster Mac-n-Cheese. It was wonderful! The mac is made with cheddar and gouda, and D says it's the best he's ever had. It was topped with a lobster claw, which I gobbled down immediately. It would be truly amazing if lobster was incorporated throughout the mac-n-cheese!


Next, I enjoyed a Connecticut Style Lobster Roll. According to the menu, the lobster is warmed in butter. So unbelievably delicious! I had two. Don't judge - they are kind of tiny! 

 


Freshly-shucked oysters? Yes please! The shuckers said that the oysters were flown in from the East coast just for this party - yay!

The big ones were Blue Points from Connecticut, and they were my favorite. They are described as tasting briny, but these were sweeter and just slightly, but freshly, salty.

The small ones were Conway Pearls from Prince Edward Island were okay. They actually tasted brinier to me than the Blue Points. I only had a few of them.

While they had a couple of very nice sauces, including a Mignonette, I am a oyster and fresh lemon girl - just a squeeze and the oyster is perfect!


Here's the food truck menu for those of you who are interested in it.


I don't think Garbo's supplied these cookies, but they are very cute so I thought I'd include a photo of them here!

Cheers to JB on his 40th!


No comments: