Saturday, October 3, 2015

Daito - Restaurant Review

http://www.restaurantdaito.com/Cover2015.jpg

Daito is like a little slice of Japan. The family that runs the restaurant is from Osaka, and they are as polite and considerate as the people that I met when I visited Osaka this summer. They have been overrun since their fabulous review in the Austin Chronicle.

I really enjoyed my Niku Udon (beef noodle soup). However, my husband wanted the curry udon and the restaurant had run out, so he ordered the Champon Udon (chicken) and said it was too sweet for his taste. Also, I had about a third of my meal leftover, but the restaurant doesn't allow you to take the noodles as leftovers (because the noodles get soggy), so my husband and I slowly finished them. Other restaurants such as Shabu will separate the noodles from the soup so that they don't get soggy and you can still take them as leftovers. Daito should consider this option.

Parking is also challenging until you figure out where you can park (not in the lot immediately adjacent to the restaurant, but on the side streets behind the restaurant west of Guadalupe). A wonderful experience overall!

No comments: