Thursday, July 17, 2014

Hopdoddy Burger Bar on Anderson Lane - Restaurant Review


Tried Hopdoddy Burger Bar for the first time this past Monday. Met a good friend and her son for an early lunch. We were able to order right away. The restaurant was clean and staff were friendly, although the ordering process is not obvious to anyone new.

I ordered the Continental Club ($8 or $9 - turkey burger with bacon, arugula, Provolone, and pesto on whole wheat - I had them leave off the mayo) and the Truffle Parmesan fries ($6.50). I felt that the burger could have been really great - it's a wonderful combination of flavors. However, the turkey patty was too salty for my taste, as was the Parmesan and chive topping on the fries - I ended up scraping off the topping before dipping the fries in the truffle aoli, which was really yummy.

My friend ended up taking half of her burger and fries home - the portions were filling. Her son liked the grilled cheese that the restaurant offers for kids.

There are so many interesting burgers that I'll probably try a different one next time, and get the regular fries or a different side.


No comments: