Sunday, March 27, 2011

Wine Library TV recommendation - Domaine les Pallières Les Racines Vieilles Vignes Gigondas 2007, Rhône, France


I'm way behind on Wine Library TV episodes - I just watched the three-part interview with Kermit Lynch that aired in April 2010! Yikes!

In any case I saved these to watch when I could give them my full attention because Kermit Lynch is one of my favorite wine importers. I was not disappointed.

What didn't know about Lynch is that he sells wines under his own label - the grapes (and sometimes the wines) are sourced from French vineyards, and Lynch imports them and puts his own name on them.

The red that Gary reviewed in part three of the interview was a Lynch label from Gigondas, an area that I'm not very familiar with. It was rated 94 points by Robert Parker and 91 points by Wine Spectator, and the consensus between Parker, Spectator, and Tanzer seems to be that this wine should be held for 15 to 20 years. I can't find it available anywhere online, but it seemed to retail online for $25 (Wine Library) to $36 (K&L).

I'll post again if I'm able to find this wine.

No comments: