Saturday, March 12, 2011

Dinner at Artisan Bistro, Lakeway


EG and AG suggested we try Artisan Bistro in Lakeway. The restaurant's chef/owner studied in France and recreated a little French bistro in a strip mall along RR 620.

First came the wine!


Camas Pinot Noir 2009, Languedoc-Roussillon, France - $35
This Vin de Pays d'Oc by Anne de Joyeuse is 100% Pinot Noir from the Languedoc-Roussillon region of Southern France.

Aroma - light red fruit
Taste - cherries, black tea, soft tannins, light and nice

Definitely like it, and it went well with everything we ordered, including fish and pork.



In the American tradition, EG wanted to have the cheese course before dinner instead of afterwards. The bread, cheese, and pomme frites were all wonderful!



Next came the main course. I chose salmon with lentils - yum! I also ordered a salad - good thing, as there weren't many lentils on the plate at all.



Last came dessert, which included little cakes and tarts (almond, raspberry, and chocolate) - excellent!

We also grabbed some chocolate croissants for breakfast the next morning.

2 comments:

Alli said...

I don't know how the the Euros show such self control with their cheese. Get it to me fast, maybe as I'm walking through the door!

Alli said...

This EG not Alli. I forgot to mention.., give to me for dessert too!