Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cameron Hughes Lot 200 Cabernet Sauvignon 2008, Napa Valley, CA - $25


According to the CHW rep at Costco, this wine under its original label would be valued at $200. A recent e-mail I received from CHW mentioned a roughly $100 price point. The bottle cost me $25 at Costco. This wine is a blend of 87% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Cabernet Franc, 3% Merlot, 2% Petit Verdot, 2% Petite Sirah, and 1% Malbec.

Aroma - deep fruit and dark chocolate, a little hot, very rich
Taste - deep dark fruit, dark cocoa, dry, long cocoa finish, soft tannins

This wine is nice, although it's high in alcohol (14.5%), which would be fine except that you can definitely smell it. I love the finish and the soft tannins. It is a very nice wine, and I do think it's definitely worth the $25. I've had more expensive wines that I haven't liked as much.

No comments: